For more information:
46th Canadian Operator Symposium — Travel and local information
The Winnipeg international airport's code is YWG.
The taxi fare from the airport to the University of Manitoba campus or the Four Points Sheraton should be around $35-40.
Alternatively, you may take the 15 bus from the airport to downtown Winnipeg. From there, you will need to make a transfer to go the university or the Four Points Sheraton. For more precise information, you may consult the Winnipeg transit website and use their "Navigo" tool, or you can simply use Google Maps. The bus fare is $2.95.
- Interactive campus map (you can click on the red magnifying glass icon to search by name)
- PDF version of the campus map. The conference buildings are in the pink rectangle, and the Pembina Hall residences are in the yellow rectangle.
To get to the conference buildings from either the bus stop (University of Manitoba station) or the residences, walk on Gillson Street past the circular grassy area (Duckworth quad), and past the administration building (the pretty building that says Agricultural College on it). Walk between Buller, Biological Sciences and Allen to reach Ralph Campbell Road, and follow this until you see the Robert B. Schultz Theatre.
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
The following are all located on campus
- Daily Bread Cafe, open Monday to Friday 8AM—4PM
- Degrees restaurant, open Monday to Friday 8AM—5PM
- University Centre food court
On Tuesday night, there will be a bbq on campus for registered participants who have responded to the poll.
If you are willing to take the bus or have access to a car, then you can go explore areas closer to downtown where you will find many restaurants. I encourage you to do so.
Otherwise, the following options are within walking distance (less than 2km) from campus.